The minimum qualification for admission into an undergraduate program is:
1. A minimum GPA of 2.5/2nd division/equivalent grade in SSC and HSC or equivalent public examinations. Students with GPA 2.00 in any examination either SSC or HSC, however, must have a minimum GPA of 6.00 totalling the GPA of both the examinations.
2. O-level students must have completed a minimum of 5 subjects with Average Grade Point of 2.50 or above and A-level students a minimum of 2 subjects with Average Grade Point of 2.00 or above (scale A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1)
3. For admission to BSEEE/CSE/Civil programs, students must have had Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level or equivalent level.
4. The students, who are sons/daughters of freedom fighters, will be eligible for getting admission if they have a minimum GPA of 5.00 totalling the GPA of SSC and HSC Examinations. Such students, however, have to submit the copy of authenticated Certificate as the proof of his/her father/mother’s identity as a freedom fighter.
5. Acceptable score in UIU Admission Test.
6. Admission Test is not required for GPA 5.00 holders in H.S.C/equivalent level of exams & Credit Transferred students for getting admission to an undergraduate program.
The minimum qualification for admission into a graduate program is:
- A relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a GPA of 2.00 or above in a scale of 4.0
- A relevant Bachelor Degree with at least second divisions/classes in all previous exams.
- Students completing undergraduate programs from UIU having a minimum CGPA of 2.00 will be eligible to get admission to any graduate programs without appearing at the Admission Test.
- Different departments may have some additional requirements.
- Some students may be required to complete some additional preparatory courses at UIU before they start their Master’s programs.
Note: For applying to the EMBA program: after completing the Bachelor’s degree a minimum of 2 years of work experience is required.