The minimum qualification for admission into an undergraduate program is:
1. A minimum GPA of 2.5/2nd division/equivalent grade in SSC and HSC or equivalent public examinations. Students with GPA 2.00 in any examination either SSC or HSC, however, must have a minimum GPA of 6.00 totalling the GPA of both the examinations.
2. O-level students must have completed a minimum of 5 subjects with Average Grade Point of 2.50 or above and A-level students a minimum of 2 subjects with an Average Grade Point of 2.00 or above (scale A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1)
3. For admission to BSEEE/CSE/Civil & BSDS programs, students must have had Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level or equivalent level.
4. The students, who are sons/daughters of freedom fighters, will be eligible for getting admission if they have a minimum GPA of 5.00 totalling the GPA of SSC and HSC Examinations. Such students, however, have to submit the copy of authenticated Certificate as the proof of his/her father/mother’s identity as a freedom fighter.
5. Acceptable score in UIU Admission Test.
6. Admission Test is not required for GPA 5.00 holders in H.S.C/equivalent level of exams & Credit Transferred students for getting admission to an undergraduate program.
The minimum qualification for admission into a graduate program is:
1. The terms & conditions of
undergraduate programs mentioned above will be applicable for admission to
2. A relevant undergraduate degree
from a recognized university with a GPA of 2.00 or above in a scale of 4.0
3. Applicants without Science group
in HSC or equivalent level will not be considered for MSCSE UIU admission.
4. A relevant Bachelor's Degree with
at least second divisions/classes in all previous exams.
5. Students completing undergraduate
programs from UIU having a minimum CGPA of 2.00 will be eligible to get
admission to any graduate programs without appearing at the Admission Test.
6. Different departments may have
some additional requirements.
7. Some students may be required to
complete some additional preparatory courses at UIU before they start their
Note: For applying to the EMBA program: after completing the Bachelor’s degree a minimum of 2 years of work experience is required.